Things allowed at Golden Temple - Amritsar
Hello, I am thinking to travel to Amritsar to visit the Golden Temple. I am not Indian so can you tell me on what to do and what not to do while visiting?
Hello Judith, we are pleasant to hear you wish to visit the Golden Temple. Here is a list of the things you must and must not do at the temple:
- On arrival at the Golden Temple, both men and women are required to wear a scarf over their head.
- All visitors must remove their shoes and wash their feet by walking through pools before entering the temple.
- Wash your feet and hands, and cover your head properly before entering the holy complex.
- Cigarette, Tobacco or other intoxicants are strictly prohibited inside the holy premises.
- Inside the Golden Temple chewing gum, sun glasses and photography are prohibited.
- Swimming is strictly prohibited in the sarovar (pool of nectar). However, anyone can take a dip in the holy sarovar but use of soap or shampoo is not allowed.
Thank you for this I'll remember that.
You are very welcome.
For any further queries feel free to call reservation team on 0330 818 1234 or visit us on Oceans Travel.
The Oceans Travel Team